The company was originally founded in Los Angeles in 1935 as Kum Kleen Products, a partnership of Mr. and Mrs. R.S. Avery. The name was changed to Avery Adhesives in 1937.
In 1946 the company was incorporated as Avery Adhesive Label Corp., and the name was subsequently changed to Avery Adhesive Products, Inc. in 1958, and to Avery Products Corporation in 1964. The name was changed again to Avery International Corporation in 1976, and it became Avery Dennison after the company merged with Dennison Manufacturing in 1990.
The company is currently headquartered in Pasadena, California.
Twitter ID: @AveryDennison