Sort Nominations By:
Update on Voting ProcessAugust 10, 2011 - A HUGE thank you goes to every nominee and to everyone who voted in the Small Business Influencer 2011 recognitions and awards. Over 125,000 votes were cast, on behalf of 520 nominees.
We know you're all excited to learn who the Top 100 are. A few things to keep in mind:
(1) The popular voting on the site is weighted at 40%. Those who did well in the popular voting -- congratulations! You have demonstrated that you can influence a large number of people to support you in the community voting. We are doing a final audit of the votes.
(2) It's now up to the Judges to weigh in. The Judges' votes count for 60%. Remember that the Judges will be looking for those who have made a meaningful and lasting impact on the North American small business market. Impact may mean providing products widely used by significant numbers of small businesses, or influencing significant numbers of small businesses by being a thought leader, or providing information or services of note to significant numbers of small businesses.
(3) After our Judges panel weighs in, the Top 100 Small Business Influencers will be announced. We anticipate this announcement will be during the week of August 15, 2011.
(4) After the Top 100 are announced, we also plan special recognitions for those who ranked high in the popular voting, those who ranked high in the 5 categories, and otherwise deserve recognition. At that time we will also have available online Web badges for the various classes of recognition.
(5) The big finale will come with the Awards Gala in New York City. It takes place on September 13, 2011, from 6 - 9 pm. It will be held at the Auditorium on Broadway, at the New York Institute of Technology. At that time, the Top 100 will be recognized in a reception and awards ceremony. We hope to see as many of you as possible there.
Look for additional announcements here at the Small Business Influencer website, and on Twitter @SMBinfluencer (or you can search on #SMBinfluencer).
Thanks again for the fantastic participation. Everyone involved appreciates your support.
- Anita Campbell and Ramon Ray, Co-Founders