Nominees: How to Maximize Your NominationJuly 23, 2013 --
Congratulations on your Small Business Influencer nomination! Now comes the fun part.
We want to help you maximize your exposure on the Influencer site and get more votes. To that end, we've put together the following tools to help you. Each can be customized especially for you!
Additionally, on your nomination page, you’ll find sharing buttons. Feel free to like and share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, and Google + to increase the number of people who see your nomination.
Tips for Maximizing Your Nomination
Don’t be shy about sharing your nomination with your community. Your customers, colleagues and social media fans care about you and your organization, and will want to hear your good news.
The Top 100 Champions we see each year are proactive about spreading the word about their nominations, and their followers are enthusiastic about supporting them by voting daily.
Here are some suggestions:
- Write a blog post. Tell your readers you've been nominated, then ask them to vote for you. Don't forget the link to your nomination page!
- Post the badge on your site and blog. You'll find a free badge you can post to your sites here.
- Send an email. Share your nomination and ask for votes from your email subscribers.
- Sign up for voting reminders. Let your followers know they can vote once a day (every 24 hours). They can sign up for an email reminder to vote daily so you don’t have to remind them.
- Schedule social media updates. A single Tweet won’t net you hundreds of Small Business Influencer votes, but a full-on strategy will. Schedule one tweet or update a day on each network, and vary what you say in it. Always make it easy by linking to your page.
- Publish a press release. We’ve got an easy to use press release generator that will customize the release for you. We’ve also got 30% off of press release distribution services at PRNewswire, so take advantage of this perk by using coupon code SMEsmbtrends30.
- Ask your friends, coworkers and peers. Your network will be happy to support you with the click of a mouse. All you have to do is ask!
- Add it to your email signature. People can’t vote for you if they don’t know you were nominated. Add the link to your nomination page to your email signature. Create a video announcing your nomination. Post it on YouTube. Share on social media. Put on your blog.
- Reach out to other influencers you know. If you have friends or colleagues with large networks online, ask for their cooperation in putting out the word about your nomination.
- Look to your local networking groups. If you’re a member of your local Chamber of Commerce or business association, ask your fellow members to vote for you.
- Reach more people. Here’s a great infographic from one nominee, Laura Rubinstein, outlining how to grow your influence and your business.
You can modify the following template to easily send an email to your subscribers, encouraging them to vote for you.
Subject: Do You Have a Second? I Need Your Help
I’m thrilled to announce that [I/my company[ [have/has] been nominated for the 2013 Small Business Influencer Awards. This prestigious contest highlights the companies, individuals, apps and publications that are having an impact on small businesses.
I would love your support. It takes just a minute to vote for me here: [URL]
You can vote once a day per nominee, so visit the site often! You can also see the other Influencers who have been nominated, and even set up a daily reminder so you don’t forget to vote.
Your support means so much to [me/us]. Thank you!
Social Media Sharing
To make your job easier, here are a few tweets and updates you can share. Just insert your Small Business Influencer URL at the end of the tweet (shortening it will give you extra room in the tweet)
I've been nominated for the 2013 #SMBInfluencer Awards! Take a moment to vote for me? [URL]
(for a company)
We've been nominated for the 2013 #SMBInfluencer Awards! Please support us. One click to vote. [URL]
If you love the #SMB content I share, why not vote for me? I'm in the running for an #SMBInfluencer award [URL]
We are honored to be nominated for the #SMBInfluencer Awards. Would be grateful for your support. [URL]
Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn
I'm thrilled to announce that I've been nominated for the 2013 Small Business Influencer Awards. Voting takes just a second, and you can do it daily. Please take a moment to vote for me. It would mean a lot to me! [URL]
Your support for us in the Small Business Influencer Awards makes all the difference. Please take a moment to vote for us today. [URL]
If you have questions about the Small Business Influencer Awards, please see our FAQ page.